Wednesday, July 24, 2002

Humpf

I knew today was going to be a bad day. Maybe it was something to do with the way I woke up at 3:30 am, went back to sleep and then slept throught the alarm. Or perhaps the Jehovah's Witness, who blocked my path and tried to give (or sell) a copy of their latest magazine, resulting in my missing my bus had something to do with it. I did tell him to go away and get a life, but it was 8:30 in the morning and I was late and I hadn't had a coffee so I suppose really he came off lightly.

I arrived at work 20 minutes late, and lo and behold, I have been left about 5 days work to be done in three days, so to get anywhere near completing this I will have to put in couple of late nights to get eveything finished. I had been hoping to leave early on Friday to travel down to Manchester to see my darling beloved and to go to the PaganCon NorthWest, but that is looking unlikely. So I'm going to arriving in Manchester at close to midnight with all the con merchants, beggars and thieves lurking around the train station thinking that I'm a tourist arriving for the Commonwealth Games. I could get a taxi but again due to the games the prices will be hyper inflated and the driver will make the assumption that I don't know the place and will try the 10 mile detour.

I could be mistaken but I doubt it.

No comments: