Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Blog Patrol

I am a teesy bit cheesed off with Blogpatrol at the moment. My hit counter has been zeroed, or to be more accurate, it's lost a hell of a lot of hits. I am aware that this is caused by a power outage that took down their servers and it is the sudden loss of power that has caused some areas of the database to be corrupted. I understand that they cannot control the power company's supply, but have these guys never heard of battery backup systems. Every place I've ever worked at that had critical data on a server had that server attached to a UPS so that they had time to go through shut down procedures and not lose data. In fact most of them had an automated system, that as soon as the UPS kicked in would log out and shutdown systems removing the need for human intervention. But no, the hits that I've accumulated over a four year period have vanished, gone, vamoosed, and I am not a happy bunny.

No comments: